Non-Nordic citizens must have a work- and residence permit to work in Greenland.

It is the employee himself who must apply for the permission. However, as an employer who wishes to employ foreign labour, you have a duty to ensure that your employees have obtained a residence- and work permit before they can start their work.

It is advisable to begin the application process as soon as possible when the contract of employment has been signed.

If you are interested in knowing more about the application process for a residence- and work permit, or if you as an employer has questions regarding the employment of foreign labour, please contact assistant attorney Iris Ohms Jørgensen, pr. mail or pr. tel. +299 558111.